• Each motion will be addressed separately.
• Moving and seconding motions by members is required. Except for the motions related to the Member Proposal; the Proposing Member will be recorded as having moved their motions.
• Names of movers and seconders will be read aloud.
• The Proposing Member will be given two minutes to speak to each of their motions.
• A CIRA representative will provide a two-minute statement for each member proposal motion.
• New motions on substantive matters, and amendments to existing motions will not be permitted*.
* Motions dealing with substantive matters must be provided to all members well in advance of the AGM within the prescribed deadline to allow members time to understand the details and purpose of the motion and to form a reasoned judgment on the business. However, Members who wish to make a legitimate procedural motion or demand (e.g. a demand, point of privilege, point of procedure or point of order) during the AGM must use the call-in function by calling 1-888-886-7786. Validation of the member ID will be required. Once validated, the operator will indicate when it is time for the member to speak.